TMA Member Health Benefit and Member Assistance Fund
TMA Members that are temporarily unable to work as professional musicians due to illness or injury are eligible to apply for up to twenty-four (24) weeks of support.
Login to access application materials.
Music Performance Trust Fund
- Grants are available to engagers to offset the cost of hiring TMA/CFM musicians in the Greater Toronto area (Jurisdiction of Local 149).
- All performances must be “Free and open to the public”.
Requests for funding should be submitted to the TMA MPTF administrator 4 to 6 weeks prior to each performance. Requests can be made by the musician or the sponsoring organization. The TMA will submit the online grant application to the MPTF office in New York City. The engager is required to pay the total cost to the leader on the day of the performance. MPTF will send the grant cheque to the engager following the performance.
The grant from MPTF is approximately 50% of wages (General Scale), pension and HST for a 3-hour call. Possible venues include:
- Educational Performances in Schools (Public & Private)
- Seniors’ Residences & Hospitals
- City Squares, Community Centres & Libraries
- Concert Halls & Arts Festivals
- Street Festivals & Canada Day Events
The MPTF is funded by the Recording Industries of North America and is independent of the American Federation of Musicians. The MPTF does not provide assistance for fundraising, political, religious or charitable events.
Contact: Jay Boehmer, MPTF Administrator
(416) 421-1020 x230