Health & Dental Insurance – The Arts and Entertainment Plan
Tailored health and dental plans for the Arts community are available to TMA Members through the Arts & Entertainment Plan.
Instrument, Equipment & Liability Insurance
FEATURES OF THE PROGRAM:
- All Risks coverage on your instruments and equipment.
- Worldwide coverage.
- Rental reimbursement – Up to $1,000 in coverage, if you need to rent instruments or equipment in the event of a loss.
- $100 deductible.
- Commercial General Liability including bodily injury, personal injury, property damage, medical payments, tenants legal liability, advertising injury, and non-owned automobile.
- Up to $2,500 coverage on promotional material, t-shirts, CD’s, posters, etc.
- Loss of earnings up to $5,000 due to loss or damage to venue.
- Loss of earnings up to $5,000 due to loss or damage to equipment
RATES AND PREMIUMS:
- $2 rate per $100 sum insured for Instruments and Equipment
- Liability rates ($500 deductible)
- $1,000,000 limit – $50 per member
- $2,000,000 limit – $100 per member
- Higher limits available upon request
For more info, please contact:
HUB International Ontario Limited
24 Seacliff Dr. E. Unit 100
Leamington, ON N8H 0C2
Office: 519-326-9339 ext. 1785
Home, Auto, Pet and Travel Insurance
In partnership with ThePersonal TMA149 members can obtain high quality home, auto, pet and travel insurance, including insurance while working on tour, from a leading insurance provider underwritten by Desjardins Insurance Group. Please visit the following links:
Musicians’ Pension Fund of Canada
When a musician uses a TMA149 or CFM/AFM negotiated agreement or when they use a TMA149 Live Performance Contract for Canada the purchaser or engager is compelled, in addition to their fees, to contribute to their pension fund. Musicians can be vested in as little as two years worth regular contract work.
Contact the Pension Fund to find if you already have contributions in your name, or to set up your file:
200 Yorkland Blvd, Ste 605, Toronto, ON M2J 5C1
Toll Free: 1.888.462.6666
FUND EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR: Jill Giustino
About The Pension Fund
Read about the Musicians’ Pension Fund of Canada – Visit the website: http://www.mpfcanada.ca
How to make MPF Canada Pension contributions:
- Use the LPCC (Live Performance Contract for Canada).
- Fill in the accompanying LPCC-Pen and have the Purchaser/Employer sign to enable you to make a pension contribution on her/his behalf. Registered Canada Pension plans are “Employer” Plans, requiring employers to make contributions on behalf of employees. However, The LPCC-Pen allows you to make pension contributions on behalf of your employer.
- Submit both contracts to the AFM local office with a cheque for your contribution (up to 12% of scale).
These are the files you will need if you plan to contribute to your pension fund:
Live Performance Contract for Canada
P2 Work Permits for Performing in the U.S.A and Other Immigration Support
The Canadian Office of the CFM / AFM, TMA149’s parent union, is a recognized petitioner for P2 Visas and offers other immigration support.
Please visit the following link for work permit information and to download VISA applications.